Sometimes it is hard for the client to understand terms like property and casualty, why they need it or that it may be required to operate their business. It is up to you, the agent/broker to explain why they should have it and what will happen if they do not have it.
We at MiniCo Insurance Agency believe that it is important to make sure the client understands everything about their coverage, including information on who to contact if they do not understand something or if they need to file a claim. It is up to you to make sure they receive the right information.
Here are a few tips to help you help them:
- If they don’t understand a term, look up the definition so that they can read it for themselves.
- Think of a situation that has happened in the past and give them an example.
- Remember, you are the agent/broker and they expect you to help them make the right decision for what is best for their business. You are there to guide them through this process.
- Make sure they understand the value they are receiving for their coverage.
- Be passionate about wanting to help them chose the coverage that is best for their business.
MiniCo Insurance Agency