Collectibles Insurance Frequently Asked Questions
MiniCo Collectibles Insurance offers:
- Coverage for collections up to $1,000,000 (higher limits available)
- $0 deductible (higher limits available)
- No appraisal required at application
- Easy online portal to quote and bind policies
- Competitive agent commissions
- No minimum production requirements
- A.M. Best "A" rated carrier
- Nationwide availability
- Insured’s contact information
- Total value of all collections
- Schedule of individual items valued over $5,000
- Location(s) information including security
- Prior insurance and loss history
- Print and fax your signed application to MiniCo at 800-637-4981. OR
- Scan/e-mail your signed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MiniCo Collectibles Insurance is offered in partnership with AXA ART Insurance Corporation, the global leader in specialty art and collectibles insurance. AXA ART has been awarded an "A" rating by A.M. Best.
Just about anything that can be collected can be covered under the MiniCo Collectibles Insurance program including fine art, sports memorabilia, wine, fur, silverware, rare books and manuscripts, rugs and tapestries, musical instruments, stamps, coins, firearms and many others.
No. Multiple collections may be covered under a single policy.
The policyholder establishes the value of the collection. No appraisal is required at the time of application. MiniCo Collectibles Insurance provides scheduled and/or unscheduled coverage up to $1,000,000 (higher limits available). Collections are insured for their full collectible value. Typical homeowner policies pay claims at actual cash value, which in most cases would be far less than the collectible value, or there may be a higher premium for replacement-cost coverage.
Collections that are stored or displayed in the collector's home, apartment, condominium or self-storage facility are eligible for coverage.
MiniCo Collectibles Insurance provides an all-risk policy to cover collectible items that are potentially vulnerable to losses. Some of the important collectible type causes of loss covered as part of our policy are listed below. Additional coverages are included for specific collectible classes. Please review your policy for more information on coverages, conditions and exclusions.
- Accidental breakage
- Water damage
- Mysterious disappearance
- Loss in transit
To provide the best service for our MiniCo Collectibles Insurance customers, collectibles claims will be handled directly by our partner carrier AXA ART Insurance.