Self-Storage Industry Expert Tom Litton Presents Online Workshop Hosted by MiniCo on Managing Delinquencies, Collections and Lien Sales
PHOENIX, ARIZ. – Delinquencies, collections and lien sales are critical elements in the operation of a self-storage business. On June 27, 2012, self-storage industry expert Tom Litton will conduct a two-hour online workshop that will provide tools and tips for managing these processes effectively and efficiently.
Hour One – Managing Delinquencies
- Calculating statistics for delinquencies: Which method is best for you?
- New and innovative ways to get your delinquent customers to pay
- 10 collection strategies to avoid a lien sale
- How to track them down: Finding people who have “disappeared”
- Using the Internet to provide low-cost rent reminders
Hour Two – Conducting Better Lien Sales
- Should you hire an auctioneer?
- Drawing a crowd: How to get a better turnout at the sale
- Websites that will advertise your auction for free
- Yielding better auction prices
- Building your defense: Maintaining proper lien sale files in case you are sued
Registration is $49.95 for this live workshop hosted by MiniCo Insurance Agency, LLC. For more information or to register, visit www.ministoragemessenger.com.
Mr. Litton began his self-storage career when the industry was in its infancy and has managed over 150 self-storage facilities in 11 states. He currently manages and/or owns 21 commercial properties in Indiana and California. In addition, he fee manages and consults on a daily basis in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, France, England, Scotland and Canada. Mr. Litton has conducted over 150 seminars worldwide on various topics regarding self-storage operations, management, development and ownership. His latest books, Auditing Self-Storage: Preventing Employee Theft & Embezzlement and The Key to Success: How to Manage Self-Storage, are available at www.ministoragemessenger.com.
MiniCo Insurance Agency, LLC, publishes the Mini-Storage Messenger, the leading monthly trade magazine covering the global self-storage industry. Other publications include the Self-Storage Almanac, Self-Storage Canada, Self-Storage Now!, Mobile Self-Storage Magazine, and the Self-Storage Buyer’s Guide.
About MiniCo Insurance Agency, LLC
MiniCo Insurance Agency, LLC, was founded in 1974 as a provider of specialty insurance products and publications for the self-storage industry. Today the company is a full-service managing general agency offering multiple specialty property and casualty insurance products for a variety of unique industries and exposures. MiniCo Insurance Agency, LLC, the parent company of MiniCo Insurance Agency of Canada, Incorporated, is a member of the Aran Insurance Services Group.