A smile isn’t just about happiness; it is also a sign of social status. A 1998 study in the journal Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin found that high-powered people, as well as people interacting with others of equal power, smiled when they felt happy. People with less social status interact with a smile regardless of their emotions.
It is important when doing business that you leave your personal issues where they started. Do not let them affect your work and your goals. Your clients are your business, and they depend on you to make sure that you are there for them. That smile can create a lasting business relationship and years of trust. As an insurance agent, trust is your middle name!
Here are a few tips from MiniCo Insurance Agency to keep you smiling:
- Smile when you answer your business phone.
- Always listen to the details your client or future client tells you.
- Treat others as you would want to be treated by others if you were in their shoes.
- Be sincere when you are responding to a client’s needs, mean what you say and follow through.
- Always smile when ending the conversation.
Remember, how you carry yourself can say a lot about you as a business influence. Positivity and goals can go a long way when showing the pearly whites. Stay focused on the opportunities and mean what you say. Smiling can be contagious, so proceed enthusiasm as you help others create a better way to conduct business. Lead by example.
MiniCo Insurance Agency