MiniCo Employment Opportunities
Is responsible for aiding in the processes associated with the design, development, administration and project management of insurance applications at an enterprise level.
• Responsible for the day-to-day activities and successful completion of insurance systems projects assigned
• Become an expert on the various Business Systems, Enterprise Tools & Environments in which JenCap business units operate
• Provide business analytics deliverables including business requirements, training & support materials, UAT scripts, System Enhancement Specifications, and System Resolution Steps by gathering information from Vendors, SMEs, project team, and the Implementation Manager
• Technical support & liaison between Business Users, IT, external support & application vendors, and carriers (as needed)
• Analyze reported issues & determine resolution, noting if training or development are needed
• Prepare status reports for on‐going team projects and/or operational support requests
• Develop internal documentation to support new features and procedures for software enhancement, such as software release notes and training materials
• Document & communicate requirements or system specifications with internal & external teams (i.e. stakeholders, vendors, project team, etc.)
• Document & communicate with internal & external teams resolution notes and steps to duplicate reported bugs/issues
• Be a self‐starter capable of self‐managing and meeting or beating deadlines consistently
• Assist in the selection, implementation, integration and maintenance of packaged and custom software solutions
• Independent worker capable of tracking assignments to completion, including those of Vendors & Project Team
• Detail oriented and highly analytical creating the highest quality of work
• Problem solver & highly adaptable to shifting priorities
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Team player and confident working with and supporting business teams including leadership
• Technical skillset and easily adapting to new tools
• MGA and Policy admin system experience (specifically: Blue Goose Expert Insure, Applied TAM System, EPIC Concept One, Instec, Vertifore AIM)
• Use of third-party solutions including various insurance carrier websites as well as DocuCorp, Raters, etc.
• Productivity: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Team project planning/collaboration tools such as Jira, Excel, Project, Smartsheets, Wrike, etc.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS NEEDED:
Demonstrated past experience (5+ years) in a problem solving and project management role with a working knowledge of Insurance systems and IT requirements are needed.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
MiniCo Insurance Agency, LLC is looking for a dynamic Commercial Insurance Underwriter to join our team in the Sacramento, CA office!
iniCo Insurance Agency, LLC is looking for a dynamic Commercial Insurance Underwriter to join our team in the Sacramento, CA office!
Summary of the Position:
Reviews, evaluates, markets and/or prices new and renewal applications, endorsements, and related documents within company/agency granted authority. Underwrite book of business risks, utilizing sound judgment and discretion as well as relying on underwriting policies and guidelines, rating, rules and insurance laws and regulations. Ensure delivery, follow-up and servicing requirements of all new business and renewal accounts. Provide technical underwriting support for assigned accounts/agencies within the team as well as making individual underwriting decisions on referred accounts.
Essential Job Functions:
Perform risk selection and analysis. Examine and evaluate documents such as application forms, inspections reports, financial reports, product brochures, company referral agreements, and other pertinent documents to determine the degree of risk, underwriting and market selection.
- Day to day responsibility for reviewing customer web activity to spot trends positive and negative and addressing these trends immediately.
- Accept, reject, classify, price and bind insurance risks within granted underwriting authority. Also broker/recommend to company underwriters beyond any authority grants. Prepare submissions for rating and handling by the staff. Effectively market and negotiate with brokers and insurance companies on individual accounts. Effective and timely communication to pursue opportunities.
- Effectively communicate with agent or broker clients, company underwriters, internal staff and management to obtain additional information, quote rates, present proposals, explain company underwriting policies and coverage offerings, as well as servicing existing accounts.
- Address assigned workload within quality, productivity and service standards as established by the company/underwriting guidelines.
- Establish a relationship with the principal and/or key contacts and ensure we are doing business with the “right people”.
- Assist marketing department, staff and other internal departments in resolving problems and questions. Assist in the development and implementation of new marketing strategies.
- Appropriate and timely response to questions posed by brokers, clients, underwriters and other company personnel.
- Visit brokers and/or company clients to enhance relationships and improve production opportunities up to and including attending trade conventions.
- Secure company/agency production, retention, and growth goals.
- Meet regularly with the broker/underwriting teams on strategy, tactics and follow-up.
- Assist in training and development of both new and existing underwriting and staff as needed.
- Special projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to analyze and interpret underwriting documents and make sound, productive, and profitable decisions.
Ability to effectively negotiate terms and pricing with broker/client and company personnel. Ability to anticipate and effectively identify problems and needs of broker/client.
Solid knowledge of insurance concepts and coverages.
Strong problem solving, conflict resolution and collaborative team skills.
Solid oral, written and presentation communication skills.
Solid organizational and time management skills.
Proficient computer and application skills.
Good mathematical and analytical skills.
Education and Training:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
Minimum of 3 years of work related experience.
Recommend employee pursue mid-upper level insurance related coursework which may lead to a professional insurance designation or certification.
Participate in company organized, prescribed or designated insurance seminars and workshops on or off premises.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org