Collection of Personal Information
Subject to compliance with applicable federal and state laws, MiniCo may collect and use the following kinds of Personal Information:
- Information we receive on applications or other forms (orally, in writing or via our website) that can be used to personally identify you, such as your name, social security number, address, e-mail address, telephone number and fax number.
- Information about transactions with us, our affiliates, or others such as policy coverage, premium balances, payment history and parties to the transaction.
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency such as credit worthiness, credit history, assets and income.
We may also collect certain non-personally identifying information, such as:
- Information about your computer, mobile device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
MiniCo collects Personal Information to accomplish MiniCo's business purposes, which include, among other things:
- receiving, reviewing, and processing customer applications or other forms;
- marketing, selling, or providing products or services to our customers;
- better understanding customers' needs and desires or otherwise communicating with customers about our products and services;
- completing other business transactions with our customers and affiliates; and
- other legally authorized marketing, operational, and financial activities of MiniCo.
For example, MiniCo may occasionally use your Personal Information to notify you about special offers or services that we think may be of interest to you. MiniCo also may use Personal Information about current or former customers for its research purposes or for marketing the products of its various internal business divisions.
MiniCo does not disclose Personal Information about current or former customers to any unaffiliated third party except on an as-needed basis and only as permitted or required by law, including the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act. We do not sell, trade, rent, or otherwise share Personal Information with third parties for their own marketing or other activities unrelated to our business purposes.
We may disclose Personal Information for any of the following reasons:
- to our affiliates in order to market, sell, set up, provide, or follow up on a product or service to you;
- to third parties if reasonably necessary to enable them to perform services for us in connection with our business purposes, including as needed to provide you with the products and services you have requested;
- for purposes of preventing fraud or other criminal activity, responding to judicial process or a subpoena, or otherwise complying with federal, state, or local laws, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of MiniCo's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by MiniCo about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- otherwise to protect the rights, property or safety of MiniCo, its affiliates, customers, former customers or Website users.
If MiniCo seeks to disclose Personal Information for purposes other than those outlined above, we will provide you with reasonable notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such disclosure of your Personal Information.Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Personal Information
You may remove your name from MiniCo's marketing distribution list at any time if you no longer wish to receive non-policy-related communications from us (e-mails, mailings, etc.) by e-mailing your preference to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use the Unsubscribe hyperlink included in marketing e-mails to request that such e-mails no longer be sent to you. It may take up to ten (10) business days to process and implement your request, so it is possible that you may continue to receive marketing e-mails from us until your request has been processed.
Integrity of Personal Information
We process and use Personal Information only in ways compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by you. To the extent reasonably necessary, MiniCo takes reasonable steps to try to ensure that Personal Information is accurate, complete, current, or otherwise relevant to its intended use. However, you are responsible to ensure that Personal Information you submit is accurate, complete, current, and relevant to its intended use.
Security of Personal Information
We restrict access to Personal Information to those employees and affiliates who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. MiniCo maintains physical, electronic and procedural security practices in compliance with federal and state regulations to safeguard the nonpublic information of our current and former customers. These practices are designed to protect the security and confidentiality of Personal Information, including reasonable protection against anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of Personal Information as well as unauthorized access to or use of Personal Information that could result in substantial harm or inconvenience to our customers. However, MiniCo makes no guarantee and disclaims all liability and damages caused by such occurrences.
Our Financial Privacy Notice and Rights to Limit Sharing of Personal Information
If you have purchased insurance from MiniCo, we provide an annual notice to our customers explaining how we collect, use and share personal information and what you can do to limit the use and sharing of your information as our customer, whether collected on this Website or elsewhere. Our current Privacy Notice can be viewed by clicking this link.
Website Privacy and Security
MiniCo collects Personal Information on its websites through forms, applications and shopping carts. These information-collection processes are voluntary and require the consent and active participation of the website user. Forms include requests to be added to newsletter mailing lists and requests to access printable applications. Applications include requests for insurance coverage premium quotations. Shopping carts are the payment vehicles for those products that may be purchased directly from the website such as tenant insurance policies and publications.
MiniCo also may use aggregated, anonymous data about our customers or website users as a group for any business purpose, such as analyzing website usage trends, determining advertising schedules, identifying new service areas, and improving our services and website. This aggregated information is strictly anonymous and is not linked to any personally identifying information about you or any other customer or website user.
MiniCo uses a secure server and security protocol to safeguard the information provided by website users. Nonpublic information collected via a website operated by MiniCo is subject to the same collection, dissemination and security standards and procedures as outlined above, as well as the following policies.
"Cookies" are small pieces of information that are placed on your computer's hard drive by your Internet browser. Most browsers accept cookies by default; however, you can usually change the properties of your browser to alert you when a cookie is about to be placed on your hard drive. Websites owned and operated by MiniCo utilize cookies that do not contain any type of personally identifying information.
Server logs capture certain non-personally identifying data about your visits to websites owned and operated by MiniCo such as the date and time of your visit, the duration of time spent on specific pages within the website, and the browser and operating system you are using. This information is used in aggregate form only in order to help us plan system enhancements.
This Website uses Google Analytics to collect and analyze user data, and automatically shares certain data with Google when you visit the Website. For more information on the kinds of information shared and how you can control that information, see "How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps" (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
Information transmitted via the Internet or email is not 100% secure. Therefore, you are responsible to take necessary precautions to protect Personal Information you submit, including without limitation using a secure browser and connection, using anti-virus software, and using secure alphanumeric passwords and changing them often.
Do Not Track Signals
We do not collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). For this reason, and because there is no standard for how Do Not Track consumer browser settings should work on commercial websites, our Website does not recognize and respond to Do Not Track signals or other similar technologies sent by your web browser.
MiniCo's products and services as well as its websites are directed only at an adult audience. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from anyone we know to be under the age of 13. Nonetheless, we disclaim all liability and damages resulting from any misrepresentation regarding the age or identity of any customer.
Your California Privacy Rights (Applicable to CA Residents Only)