MINICO ANNOUNCES 2010 SELF-STORAGE FACILITY OF THE YEAR WINNERS
PHOENIX, ARIZ. – MiniCo has announced the winners of the 2010 Self-Storage Facility of the Year awards sponsored by Mini-Storage Messenger, the leading international self-storage trade magazine published by MiniCo Insurance Agency, LLC. Winners were named in six categories: Overall, New Facility, Construction, Conversion, Specialty Storage, and Renovation.
- Overall Winner: Extra Space Storage in Oakland, Calif., owned by Extra Space Storage, Inc.
- New Facility Winner: Daffodil Storage in Tacoma, Wash., owned by Daffodil Storage.
- Construction Winner: Northshore Pellissippi Storage in Knoxville, Tenn., owned by Walter Wise and Hugh Neil.
- Conversion Winner: LifeStorage in Chicago, Ill., owned by LifeStorage Centers, LLC.
- Specialty Storage Winner: The Stor-House Self Storage in Bellevue, Wash., owned by Gilroy Family Bellefield, LLC.
- Renovation Winner: Morningstar Mini-Storage in Summerville, S.C., owned by HSRE-MSTAR I, LLC (a joint venture of Morningstar Properties and Harrison Street Real Estate Capital).
Four facilities were named runners up in the competition: Premier Storage in San Antonio, Texas (Overall category); Cubes Self-Storage @ Brickyard in Salt Lake City, Utah (New Facility category); Farmers Market Self Storage in Los Angeles, Calif. (Construction category); and AAAA Chamberlayne Self Storage in Richmond, Va. (Conversion category).
Full-length articles profiling the winning facilities are featured in the December 2010 issue of Mini‑Storage Messenger. Purchase this issue or get more information about the winning facilities atwww.ministoragemessenger.com. The runners up will be profiled in upcoming issues of the magazine.
MiniCo Insurance Agency, LLC, publishes the Mini-Storage Messenger, the leading monthly trade magazine covering the global self-storage industry. Other publications include Self-Storage Now!, Mobile Self-Storage Magazine, RV & Boat Storage Today, Self-Storage Canada, the Self-Storage Almanac, the Self-Storage Development Handbook, and the Self‑Storage Buyer’s Guide.
Since 1974, Phoenix-based MiniCo Insurance Agency, LLC, has been a self-storage leader providing superior specialty insurance programs, informative publications and valuable products and services created expressly for the self‑storage industry.
For More Information:
Mini-Storage Messenger – www.ministoragemessenger.com