This year, summer came in with a blast of high temperatures that broke records in many parts of the country. Be sure your self-storage facility managers and staff are prepared for working outdoors when the weather is sizzling with these tips from the American Red Cross.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids and avoiding drinks with caffeine or alcohol.
- Wear loose-fitting, lightweight, light-colored clothing.
- Slow down and, if possible, stay indoors during the hottest part of the day.
- Use the buddy system when working in excessive heat and take frequent breaks.
- Learn the symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
Looking for more info?
Sign up for the quarterly e-Risk Management newsletter. It's free!
View MiniCo's safety and loss control videos.
President & CEO