Safety After a Wildfire
The hazards associated with wildfires may persist even after the flames have been extinguished. Here are some tips for staying safe after a wildfire.
- Monitor information from authorities as to when it is safe to return to an area and whether water is safe to drink.
- Avoid hot ash, charred trees, and smoldering debris.
- Wet down debris to minimize breathing dust particles.
- Do not enter damaged structures until they have been inspected and cleared by a licensed professional.
- Keep telephone lines open for emergencies by using text messages or social media to contact family and friends.
For more tips, sign up for the quarterly e-Risk Management newsletter. It's free!
President & CEO
MINICO INSURANCE AGENCY, LLC
Member ARAN Insurance Services Group
10851 N. Black Canyon Highway, Suite 200, Phoenix, AZ 85029