Nonprofit and Social Services Insurance
Nonprofit And Social Services Insurance
There are many things that keep nonprofit leaders up at night—but worrying about insurance should not be one of them. For over 35 years, MiniCo insurance advisors have worked alongside mission-driven organizations, providing customized insurance solutions that address the unique exposures in the nonprofit and social services space.
MiniCo’s experienced underwriting team works exclusively with AM Best A-rated carriers, so nonprofit and social service organizations get coverage tailored to their unique needs and budget. Our program features separate limits for abuse and molestation, primary coverage for employed medical doctors, and Umbrella limits of $10 million, with additional layers of coverage available. As a leading insurance provider for nonprofit and social services operations, MiniCo offers value-added services including risk management resources and direct billing and flexible payment options.
MiniCo covers over 300 eligible nonprofit and social services classes, including but not limited to:
- Addiction treatment services
- Alcoholism and drug addiction self-help
- Alcoholism counseling – outpatient
- Alcoholism treatment – residential
- Arts, cultural organizations – multipurpose ballet
- Charitable organizations
- Charter and private schools
- Counseling for the emotionally disturbed
- Community foundations
- Corporate foundations
- Day care
- Detoxification centers
- Drug and alcohol rehabilitation facilities
- Film, video
- Halfway houses, substance abuse counseling – outpatient and residential
- Head start programs
- Music groups, bands, ensembles
- Performing arts organizations
- Performing arts schools
- Foundations (N.E.C.)
- Private grant-making foundations
- Public foundations
- Scholarships, student financial aid services, awards
- Singing, choral
- Symphony orchestras
- Visual arts organizations
- Volunteerism promotion
- Women’s service clubs
With over 35 years of extensive experience underwriting nonprofit and social services organizations, MiniCo offers the most comprehensive program in the marketplace.
- Blanket waiver of subrogation
- Broad form named insured
- Employees/volunteers as insured
- Hired auto physical damage
- Liability limit $1,000,000 combined single limit
- Rental reimbursement
- Temporary substitute auto/physical damage coverage
- Additional insured; provides automatic status for others where required by written contract
- Bodily injury definition; includes mental anguish and mental injury
- Expanded definition of who is an insured
- General aggregate limit (per location)
- Medical expenses $20,000
- Sexual/physical misconduct coverage; by endorsement with separate limits
- Waiver of subrogation (included)
- Broad form definition of who is an insured
- Broad insuring agreement that covers the insured without restriction to a specific business, operation, or social service/nonprofit activity
- Medical doctors and psychiatrists; primary coverage for employed doctors by endorsement
- Occurrence or claims made
- Vicarious/contingent liability; includes protection for the secondhand liability of the agency for the acts of MDs, psychiatrists, independent contractors, and employee/volunteer professionals by endorsement
- Accounts receivable; described premises $250,000/away from premises $25,000 per occurrence; electronic data processing equipment, media, and data $200,000
- Blanket building/personal property/with business income; may be subject to sublimit
- Business income property in transit $50,000
- Computer fraud $50,000/$100,000
- Employee theft including ERISA $50,000
- Extended business income no coinsurance; applicable 180 days
- Money and securities (in/out) $25,000
- Ordinance or law coverage B and C $200,000
- Spoilage $50,000
- Note: Not intended for use in Florida
- Bodily injury definition includes mental anguish and mental injury
- Includes all additional insureds in the underlying policies (follow form with underlying policies)
- Occurrence defined as happening during the policy period
- Territorial limitations are eliminated
- Low rates across a wide spectrum of classes
- Network of local medical providers
- Online access to workplace safety and return-to-work resources
- Out-of-pocket expenses for work-related injuries
- Note: Additional coverage options are available through our affiliate company Jencap
- Cyber Liability
- Nonprofit Directors and Officers (D&O)
- Volunteer Participant Accidental and Medical Expense coverage
*Optional coverages are placed with AM Best A-rated specialty carriers outside of the Liberty Mutual program.
For more information, download our flyers.
Nonprofit organizations exist in many different environments, offering many different challenges from a risk management and prevention perspective. Understanding the nonprofit, its mission, and operation helps to formulate the best risk management solutions. MiniCo knows that one-size-fits-all is not an effective approach to risk. We recognize that a smaller nonprofit has different exposures than a larger social service facility, so we customize solutions based on each organization’s needs.
In addition to the risk management resources listed below, we invite you to contact your MiniCo underwriter to learn more about customized risk management solutions.
Resources from MiniCo’s Partners
Resources from Liberty Mutual
- Liberty Mutual Risk Control Consulting Center (PDF)
- General Liability Incident Response Flow Chart (PDF)
- General Liability Incident Response Kit (PDF)
- Floor Inspection Cleaning Log (PDF)
- Safety Considerations for Operating 15-Passenger Vans (PDF)
- Small Fleet Safety Program Ideas (PDF)
- Vehicle Safety Program Self-Evaluation (PDF)
- Peril-Specific Critical Interests (PDF)
- Evidence Chain of Custody Form (PDF)
- Manager’s General Liability (PDF)
- Refusal of Medical Transport or Aid Form (PDF)
Get a Quote
MiniCo accepts submissions from licensed retail insurance agents and brokers without a producer agreement in place. However, a completed and approved producer agreement is required for binding.
To request a producer agreement, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit applications to your assigned MiniCo underwriter or email@example.com and include the prospective organization’s name and effective date in the subject line.
- Completed and signed MiniCo application for Social Services or Nonprofit
- Completed ACORD application for lines solicited
- Currently valued company loss runs for this policy period plus two prior years
Additional Submission Information (optional):
- Target premiums
- Brochures, website links, or other information about the prospective organization
- Current audited financials or annual report
- Photographs of property locations
- Schedule of special events
Nonprofit and Social Services Applications
The Significance of Giving Tuesday While most of us may be in the midst of planning our Thanksgiving menu or...
The American nonprofit sector has grown an astounding 33% over the past 15 years — faster than any other...
In today’s ever-changing world, nonprofit and social services organizations play an invaluable role in...
There are about 2 million nonprofit organizations in the U.S. With their entrepreneurial spirit and...