If your self-storage property has suffered damage due to a storm, fire, or other event, it is important to file an insurance claim quickly. It is equally important to provide complete information in your claim report. This will enable your insurance agent and insurance company to process your claim as quickly as possible. Claim reporting information should include the following:
· Your business name, address and phone number
· The name and phone number of the person to be contacted by the insurance company
· All contact information for the insured and/or the insured’s representatives
· Your insurance policy number
· The date, time and location of the loss
· A brief description of the damage (if multiple buildings are damaged, specify which buildings are damaged with specific addresses for each)
MiniCo provides online claim forms to simplify the claim-reporting process for our policyholders. Click here to get started.
Get more tips with the latest issue of e-Risk Management newsletter.
Make it a safe day!
President & CEO