Forecasters are predicting an active tornado season, so it is important for self-storage businesses to be prepared. Tornadoes can destroy buildings, flip cars, and create hazardous flying debris, and they can happen anywhere at any time. If you are under a tornado warning, follow these important steps.
- Go to a safe room, basement, storm cellar, or storm shelter.
- If these options are not available, go to a small, interior room on the lowest level of the structure.
- ·Stay away from windows, doors, and exterior walls.
- Get to a sturdy building immediately if you can do so safely.
- Sheltering in a low, flat location is safer than under an overpass or bridge.
- Beware of flying debris.
- Protect your head and neck with your arms.
Next week, we will review tips to help you survive a tornado.
Download a detailed tornado action plan prepared by Liberty Mutual Insurance, one of MiniCo’s carriers.
Check out the e-Risk Management newsletter archive for more tips.
Make it a safe day!
President & CEO