The hazards associated with wildfires may persist even after the flames have been extinguished. Here are some tips for staying safe after a wildfire.
· Monitor information from authorities as to when it is safe to return to an area and whether water is safe to drink.
· Avoid hot ash, charred trees, and smoldering debris.
· Wet down debris to minimize breathing dust particles.
· Do not enter damaged structures until they have been inspected and cleared by a licensed professional.
· Keep telephone lines open for emergencies by using text messages or social media to contact family and friends.
Make it a safe day!
President & CEO